- I’m a homebody.
- I only own 8 pairs of shoes, and I only ever wear 4 or 5 of them.
- I took up snow skiing when I was 30 and wakeboarding when I was 40. I finally settled on music, where I can stay warm and I never face plant.
- I didn’t start writing songs until about 10 years ago.
- I would take a really good hot dog over a steak any day, and I don’t care what’s in it.
- After 8 collective years in college, I finally graduated with my music degree in 2009.
- We have 5 children — 2 in med school, and 3 in college.
- I watched them play in about 1500 baseball games and 500 basketball games over the years, and I loved every minute of it.
- One of my favorite memories ever is riding double on a scooter in the Swiss Alps with my only daughter, Rebecca.
- When I was 12, Happy Days was the edgiest show on TV. And my parents wouldn’t let me watch it.
- My kids are my best friends.
- I credit insomnia for every decent project I’ve ever done.
- Having too many choices makes me crazy (8-page menus, 700 TV channels, WalMart….)
- I have a deep and abiding faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, which gives me direction, purpose and peace.
- The best thing I’ve ever done is marry John.
I write songs of faith for the people I love, and I never think that anyone else will hear them, but they usually do, and that brings me a lot of happiness. I also teach piano lessons, and I give a presentation about unplugging the materialism machine and making more room for the Savior in our lives. If you have a question about lessons, or you want to schedule a presentation for your group (it’s free), or for any other reason, you may email me at ShawnaBeltEdwards(at)gmail(dot)com.