John and I spent last week bicycling around Glacier National Park. I can’t say enough about the beauty of the park, or the experience of being so ‘at one’ with it. I loved every minute of it, and would do the same trip again tomorrow if I could.
Here’s the summary: In 5 days, we biked 185 miles, with 27,889 total feet of elevation gain. We crossed the Continental Divide 4 times, and went into Canada and back. We stayed in 4 beautiful lodges, ate a lot of good food, and saw 3 black bears, 2 bald eagles and a golden eagle, and a baby grizzly.
Top 10 reasons to go?
10. The smell.
9. The salmon at the restaurant on Waterton Lake.
8. You burn about 2500 extra calories a day.
7. Emily and Wes from Western Spirit
6. 175 mountain peaks and 762 lakes (No, I’m not kidding about this — check it out.)
5. Because all the glaciers are shrinking and it might not be the same in the future.
4. Saskatoon berry pie
3. The Going to the Sun Road
2. Some of the most breathtaking scenery on the planet
1. Spending the week with someone you love.
Thanks, John, for taking me. It was the best trip ever!